It’s that time again – time to make plans for what I want to accomplish this year as a writer. It feels appropriate that this post coincides with my Insecure Writers Support Group monthly post because I could definitely use some moral support. So, here goes. In 2014 – I plan to achieve –
- Get thirty reviews for Overlook before it is released in April.
- Finish the second book in the Overlook series – Escape Plan by May 1 so I have plenty of time to get beta readers feedback.
- Release Escape Plan in October 2014.
- Find an agent or small press for Burned To Life.
- Be well on my way to finishing the manuscript for Bullies in Bloom (book 3 in Overlook series) by the end of the year.
- Apply for a fellowship to do research for The House series sometime in 2015.
- Make notes on the ‘Midge & Snig’ mysteries.
- Decide if ‘Midge & Snig’ gets written next or ‘The House’.
I swing between days of great productivity and days where I get sucked into hours of playing solitaire so I need to impose structure to my writing time. Unstructured days can melt away into nothingness. Part of my 2014 plan is to rearrange my writing space so I have less distractions and I plan to add an exercise class mid day to force me to do things by a certain time every day. In order to get all this done, I have set myself an ambitious writing schedule that I plan to track words written per day and pages edited per day with a detailed spreadsheet.
What are your plans for 2014? What are you going to do to make them a reality?
The Insecure Writer’s Support Group is a monthly blog hop to lend support to a growing community of writers. I encourage you to go to Alex Cavanaugh’s excellent blog and join in. if you click on the logo above, it will take you to the list of participating blogs.